Cloud native application architecture made easy
Application design that accelerates time to business value and adapts with evolving business needs.
- Domain Driven Design (DDD) - Declarative programming model with building blocks that help architects simplify domain modeling and handle business logic complexity.
- Built-In best practices - Built on Akka - distributed computing framework that drives creation of reactive, event-driven applications that are high performance, resilient and scalable.
- Infrastructure inferred from code - Auto-generated, state-of-the-art, optimized cloud native stack.
Domain driven design patterns
Application integration patterns
All Dev and No Ops
Frictionless Developer Experience for building cloud-native applications without the headaches.
- Focus on feature development - No wiring, integration code or YAML required.
- Iterate rapidly - Local develop / test / debug toolchain for fast turnaround feature development.
- Collaborate seamlessly - Developer Sandboxes allow development teams to work together in a production-like environment.
Kalix dev environment
Ship and run critical applications in a fraction of the time
Your services are distributed, high-performance, scalable and resilient…automatically.
- Build once, run anywhere - Deploy to any POP, across AZ’s and regions.
- High Performance - Applications deliver ultra low latency with high throughput.
- Reads—6 ms @ 1000 tps, 12 ms @ 15,000 tps. (99p)
- Writes—8 ms @ 1000 tps, 20 ms @ 15,000 tps. (99p)
- Best practices applied automatically - Leverages Lightbend’s Akka distributed computing runtime for scalability, high availability, optimal efficient usage of underlying infrastructure.
- Fully managed cloud infrastructure - 24 x 7 operations on the cloud provider of your choice with no need to manage databases, service meshes, eventing, API gateways, Kubernetes, etc.
- Security and compliance - Fully production ready, including Zero Trust, MFA, encryption, IAM, RBAC, JWT support, SOC 2, vulnerability management, etc.
- Real-time monitoring & observability - Monitor the health and performance of all of your services via the Kalix Console or publish to the monitoring tool of your choice.
- Seamless integration with existing tools and cloud environments - CI/CD plugins, observability, message brokers, VPC peering/private link, etc.
YoppWorks Kalix Study
Two engineers estimated it would take 270 people-days to build a high-performance eight microservice application using a traditional approach. Using Kalix they saw significant time and cost savings.
View the Study.